Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple
The history of the temple can be traced from the inscription of the temple, which belongs to 15th century . The earliest inscription of the temple is of 1449-50 AD, which records the plastering to the temple, dedicated to Sri Narasimha Swamy temple by Bandari Setti and Kuni Setti. In the early period of 16th century the temple seems to be popular during the reign of Sri Krishnadevaraya, the illustrious king of Vijayanagara, who was a Vaishnava by faith. He granted five villages for the support of the temple. Rayasam Ayyapparusu, who was ruling Udayagiri Durgam in the kingdom of Krishnadevaraya, gave the village of Jillelamudi as a Sarvamanya for providing all enjoyments to Sri Narasimhadeva in 1527 AD for the religious merit of the Raja of Vijayanagara. In the 1528 AD Dontayya presented an image of Hanuman to the temple
How to Reach
Singarayakonda is situated at a distance of 14 kms. Kandukur, 29 kms. from Ongole and 64 kms from Kanigiri. Singarayakonda is well connected by rail & road with frequent buses from Kandukur, Kanigiri and Ongole. Private transport is also available from Kandukur and Ongole.